Have you ever faced problem with automatic creation of shortcut folders or files in computer hard disk or USB Drive? In this article, we will show you how to remove shortcut virus from USB drive, Memory card and Computer.
Also Read : Top 5 best free antivirus software for windows.
Method 1 : Remove Shortcut Virus from USB Drive Using Command Prompt.
- Open command prompt (Run –> cmd).
- Go to your USB drive (if your USB drive is G drive, Type G: and hit the enter key)
- Run the following command: del *.lnk
- Then run the following command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*
Note : Don’t forget to replace the letter G with your USB drive letter.
- That’s all. Open and check your USB drive. Your folders and files will have restored by now and you can easily access them.
Method 2 : Using Virus Removal Tool
Scan your computer and USB with latest version of kaspersky virus removal tool, it will detect and remove traces of any virus from your computer and USB drive.
If you still have any doubt then feel free to ask, Just comment below we are happy to help you !