If you frequently use USB drives to store or transfer data from one PC to another, Sometimes it might happen that viruses and malwares attacks your USB drive. So a virus hit your pen drive? All your files and folders hidden ? or creates .exe extension for all your files. Here are solutions for this issue, just follow these simple steps to recover virus infected hidden files from usb drive or memory card
How to Make the hidden files to visible Using CMD
1. Remove the Virus : Plug your USB Pen drive to a PC that is protected with most updated version of a antivirus , scan and fix all the virus threats that are detected by the antivirus. If you have not a updated antivirus software, use free kaspersky virus removal tool to remove virus from usb drive.
Also read : Best free antivirus software’s for windows
2. Recover the Data : Once all the infected files are removed from the usb drive, go to command prompt
- Open Run menu (Press WINDOWS+R shortcut), type CMD and press enter
- In command prompt, type this command : attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.* and press Enter.
Note: Replace the letter ‘F’ with your USB drive letter
: Make sure that you put space between each elements in code.
- That’s it. You are done. Go to your drive and check for your files. Now you can see all your files!
Tips :This method is applicable not only for USB dives like Pendrive or External Hard drive, but also applicable for your system drives.