If you still haven’t received your copy of the Windows 10, in this post we’ll show you how to upgrade your computer or tablet to windows 10 immediately – even if your PC hasn’t got the ‘Ready to install’ notification or GWX.exe is missing.
An Activated Copy of Windows : Make sure that you are running the latest version of either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
Windows 10 media creation tool : Microsoft official tool used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.
Back up important files : Be sure to back up photos and anything else you don’t want to lose before starting the upgrade to windows 10
How to Upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10
1. Make sure your PC meets Windows 10 requirements
Read : Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements
2. Download appropriate Windows 10 media creation tool. If your PC is a 32-bit operating system, on the software download page, select Download tool now (32-bit version). If your PC is a 64-bit operating system, select Download tool now (64-bit version).
3. Run the media creation tool to upgrade your PC.
4. Then select “Upgrade this PC now” and click “Next” to begin the upgrade process.
( If you want to create your own USB or DVD media, Read here : how to download Windows 10 ISO to create Windows 10 install media)
5. The tool will take a while to download the software so be patient.. After it downloads, the tool also goes through a preparation process and downloads some more updates.
6. When it finally finishes downloading and preparing the installation media you’ll be prompted to accept the terms of the license agreement. Click “Accept” and wait again as the installer checks for updates.
7. By default the installer will select the “Keep Personal files and Apps“. If you want to make changes to what it is keeping click the small “Change what to keep” link and choose what to keep.
8. Click the Install button. Wait 20 to 30 minutes for the computer to copy files, depends the size of your data and speed of your computer. It will reboot several times.
9. Once the installation is complete, simply follow the on-screen instructions to get the Windows 10 login screen.
10. That’s it! You’re done!
Upgrade editions !
Having issues with Windows 10 upgrade ? let us know in the comments below, we’ll do our best to answer it.