Have you ever wanted to share your PC / Laptop internet connection with your other devices? In Windows 10 you can easily share one computer’s internet connection to other computers, tablets and phones with a few commands. In this post we will show you how to turn your Windows 10 PC into a WiFi hotspot without installing any third party software. This is a built-in hidden feature in Windows 10 and its very easy to turn on with the help of Command Prompt.
How to Turn Windows 10 into a WiFi Hotspot
1. First open Command Prompt with Administrator privilege. To do so, right click on start menu (or Press Win+X ) and then select Command Prompt (Admin) from the pop-up menu
2. Now enter the following command and press the Enter key.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=AdHoc key=password
Note: replace the values of SSID and key with the network name and password you want:
3. Run the following command to start the network
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
4. Now your wifi access point is ready, next share your internet connection. To do so, search in the Start menu for “View network connections.”
5. Right-click your Ethernet connection you want to share and choose “Properties.”
6. Go to the “Sharing” tab, and the check the box labeled “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
7. In the drop down below, select the virtual network adapter you’ve created and Click OK
8. That’s it, Your WiFi hotspot is ready to use.
You can now connect your devices to the newly created Wi-Fi Hotspot. Search for Wifi Network, the network name should show up. Just select it and enter the password to enjoy the shared internet connection.