When using Windows 7, if you receive error message “You have been logged on with a temporary profile, You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off. To fix this, log off and try logging on later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system administrator“. Then this post explains how easily you can fix temporary profile issue in Windows 7.
How to Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7
There are several ways of fixing this issue. Hopefully the two solutions provided below may work for you.
1. Log on to the system with administrative rights.
2. In start menu, type regedit and press enter
3. Go to the path :
4. Now you can see similar keys under profile list with .bak difference, as shown below.
5. Your original profile key is marked as .bak. So, rename the new profile key ( which is not having .bak) and remove .bak from correct profile key as shown below.
6. That’s it. Close the Registry Editor and reboot the machine to get the issue fixed.
If the problem still persist then try second method
1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on C drive (where is installed the windows), and then click on Properties
3. Then go to “Tools” tab and click “check now” button.
4. In this popup please tick all two boxes and click on start. it will take time to finish.
6. That’s it. Restart and login with your username and password. You must get your desktop icons and profile settings back.
Hope this helps you !