Resetting your Lumia windows phones will return it to the state it was in the first time you switched it on. This erases all personal content on your phone including apps, games, messages, call history, photos, music, etc and the phone will be restored to its factory settings.
This methods applies to : Nokia Lumia 520, Lumia 530, Lumia 625, Lumia 630, Lumia 730, Lumia 800, Lumia 830, Lumia 920, Lumia 930, Lumia 1020, Lumia 1320 and Lumia 1520 models
Before Hard Reset :
- Backup all your data, performing a hard reset will remove all data on the phone.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged at least 75% or plug in the charger to the phone
How to Hard Reset Nokia Lumia Phones :
Method 1 : If your phone allows access to your phone settings,
To reset your phone : Go to Settings > About > Reset your phone. This will erase all your personal content and reset your phone to its the initial configuration or factory setting.
Method 2 : If your phone freezes or not responding, use hardware key combination to hard reset.
- Turn off Your Lumia Phone
- Press and hold the Power button until you feel a vibration.
- When you feel the vibration, release the Power button and immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this exact order:
Volume up – Volume down – Power – Volume down
- That’s all, your phone should now reset and restart itself. This might take a several minutes. So please be patient.