If you don’t want to use google plus (social networking site owned and operated by Google Inc.) or have multiple google+ accounts and want to remove / disable google+ account without deleting other google services (YouTube, Gmail, Docs, Calendar, etc.). Here’s a simple guide to remove google plus account.
How to Delete Google Plus Account Permanently
- Sign into your Google Plus Account.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of your screen and Click Account.
- Click Data tools at the top.
- In the Data tools box, Click ‘Delete Google+ profile and features’
- Read the resulting warnings carefully and finally click Remove Selected Services.
Note: If you have linked your YouTube channel with your Google+ profile, then your comments, messages, and subscriptions will be deleted, and the rest of your channel contents (e.g., videos, playlists) will become private. To keep your channel as it is, unlink it from your profile before deleting your profile.
This will delete your Google+ account and you’ll still be able to access Gmail and most other Google services.