In this this post we will show you how to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 8.1, 8, and 7 using Microsoft official tool. In our previous post we also shared a similar method to install windows 8, 7, Xp from usb, but it required third party software’s. Here we are using official Microsoft’s free utility – Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool. This tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows ISO file on a USB flash drive. Don’t worry that this program has Windows 7 in the title. It also works perfectly well with Windows 8.1 / 8 ISO files.
Also read : How to create a MultiBoot USB flash drive
Requirements to create bootable Windows USB:
- Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 ISO File.
- USB Drive with 4GB+
- Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool – Download
How to Make Bootable Windows USB Drive
1. Download and install Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool
2. Plug in your USB flash drive into your computer
Note: Backup any files you have stored on the USB drive. The drive will be formatted during this process and all files on it will be deleted.
3. Run the tool, and browse to your Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 ISO image file using the Browse button
4. Click Next and Choose USB device on the next screen to make your USB device bootable.
5. Choose your USB flash drive from the drop down box and click Begin copying.
6. Now just wait for the process to complete.
7. When the process is finished you will get a screen that says Bootable USB device created successfully with a Status Backup completed.
8. Close the window.
9. You are done !. Reboot your computer and start installing Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 from a USB flash drive.
Watch Video Tutorial