URL shortener is an online application which can convert long URL to a shorter in length. When users are clicking on that short links they are redirected to the original URLs just as if they had entered or clicked on that.
Why use URL Shorteners ?
The main reasons people use URL shorteners are
- To make very long affiliate links shorter and prettier (hiding affiliate links)
- To share links within blog posts
- To share links within forum postings
- Making the most out of character limits in messaging services such as Twitter
- To track clicks on the links
5 Best URL Shortener Websites
1. Goo.gl: Goo.gl is one of the best url shortening services owned by Google. Google started url shortening service since December 2009 and now it has become one of the most popular URL shorteners on the web.
- Reliable and trusted.
- Tracks visitors to your links (real time analytics)
- Public Stats
2. Bit.ly : Bit.ly is one of the best url shorteners that can be used to hide , track and shorten your long urls. Online Since 2008, Bitly is available via website, browser extensions, mobile web, & numerous third-party tools.
3. Su.pr: The Official URL Shortener from Stumble Upon and one of the best available in the market.
4. Tinyurl.com : option to choose alias, reliable
5. Is.gd : Proving better service since started, API and other functions, better filters, tracking facilities
That’s the list of 5 best url shorteners, If you have any other favorite URL shortener service that we haven’t mentioned, let us know it in the comments.